[Durham INC] Durham Seeks User Feedback on Website Design

PublicAffairs PublicAffairs at durhamnc.gov
Mon Apr 8 16:04:14 EDT 2019

[Title: City of Durham Office of Public Affairs logo]

News Media Contact
Amy Blalock, Public Affairs Manager
919.560.4123 x11253 | 919.475.7735 (mobile)
Amy.Blalock at DurhamNC.gov

News Release
For Immediate Release: April 8, 2019

Durham Seeks User Feedback on Website Design
Online Survey Now Available Until April 30

DURHAM, N.C. - When you visit the City of Durham website<https://DurhamNC.gov>, what drives you nuts? What works well? Now's your chance to tell us.

The City's Office of Public Affairs and Technology Solutions Department are now evaluating https://DurhamNC.gov for a future update, and want user feedback on areas that work well and on areas that need improvement.

A short, online survey<https://durhamnc.gov/3848/2019-Website-Survey> - now available in English<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/durham-web-survey> and Spanish<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/durham-encuesta-web> - allows website visitors the opportunity to provide their input, which will be used to help City staff improve the user experience.

According to Public Affairs Director Beverly B. Thompson, the design update will take place in the coming year and the organization wants to know what's working - and what's not - at the beginning of this process.

"Communication and interaction with our website users drives our ability to make Durham the best that it can be," said Thompson. "We have to be accessible in multiple ways to help our residents get information and communicate with their City government. Our website serves a vital role in this engagement process since it's a tool that is accessible 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week from anywhere around the world."

Once the survey closes on April 30, the input collected will inform the website design update with the City's vendor, CivicPlus<https://www.civicplus.com/>. According to Thompson, the updated website will debut early next year.

"Our website is easily one of the 'go-to' sites to find information about City government with more than 925,000 unique visitors and 4.5+ million page views annually," said Thompson. "We want to ensure this design update keeps our users in mind, the functionality is fairly intuitive, and that most users will be able to quickly find the information they're seeking."

###

[Title: City of Durham Office of Public Affairs contact information]