[Durham INC] YES RODEO 2nite (Thurs, 5-8pm) w/guests Pick-fillet & a special appeal:

Debra Hawkins dhawkins913311 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 00:02:35 EDT 2019

Hello Durham neighbors, we are indeed having the rodeo Thursday 5-8pm! (what
a busy June for this promoter!) Rainless, low-humidity weather for a great
music on the lawn evening to start the pre-holiday weekend. (Reminder: no
cover but do bring currency to thank our performers who sing for their
supper!)

Details/links and a special appeal for a beloved mom-and-pop mobile food
proprietor:

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND: Our  <https://www.facebook.com/NorthgateMallDurham/>
Northgate Mall &  <https://www.facebook.com/durhamrootsfm/> Durham Roots
Farmers' Market 'Irregulars' the PICK FILET Jam Band - Please join us for a
lovely start of summer celebration! (Reminder: Bring actual currency to say
thank you to our entertainers who sing for their supper!!)

**Important vendor special appeal**: Fahsyrah's Lemonade owner & rodeo
regular Fahim Knight is awaiting a heart transplant; a gofundme to assist
with uncovered expenses has been created for those who would like to
help/donate. Here is the link, with well-wishes to his wife Sylvia and
family:

<https://www.gofundme.com/f/fahim-knight-new-heart?utm_source=facebook&utm_m
edium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r&fbclid=IwAR2n9Ulcdy_UaRqTU
D9vpgwUlEXMrIaEDId0LY2DMb6bzVJvGq2_kNkoauY>
https://www.gofundme.com/f/fahim-knight-new-heart?utm_source=facebook&utm_me
dium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r&fbclid=IwAR3SC2lmzx5h1xVdLS
pP-WwZ3KKSqzCwgfUYg2UliN_iLkon05zgMGZ6ZzE

Got stuff to do @ home? Swing by for take-home pickup (for self or family)
from our vendors below, 'stead of cooking on a hot summer nite!

** The Lineup: **
---------------------------------
*** DINNER TRUCKS ***

* Welcome NEW vendor  <https://www.facebook.com/RomanzTea-755618767914349/>
RomanzTea who will hold beverage stand duties for us while the Knights are
away - with local-made sweet tea and other seasonally-rotating cool and
coffee-style beverages (peaches & cream iced chai latte, anyone? hopehope) -
you really won't want to miss for an early-summer's eve.

*  <https://www.facebook.com/BoricuaSoul/> Boricua Soul Food Truck BACK in
PARK for their second season, with delicious, unique Latin cuisine creations
- some with a southern kick! MANY VEGAN &/or GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS like
Pimento cheese hoecake, Pernil Jibarito, collard-blackeye/black bean queso,
and sweet potato (dessert!) empanandas! Yum!

*  <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gussys-Greek-Food-Truck/721589057871057>
Gussy's Greek Food Truck RETURN of the TRIANGLE TRUCK BRACKET Winner - Voted
best out of 32 nominees in four head to head customer heats! Don't miss
delicious gyros and veggie/vegan (and gluten free) staples like dolmades,
falafel, home-made hummus, and Greek salad, so great for warm weather
eating!

*  <https://www.facebook.com/Las-gringastacos-616096585217815/> Las
gringastacos - Tasty offerings from this popular taco truck, with gluten
free traditional options for folks and families - or more novel dishes for
the daring - like ceviche tostadas or chori-queso egg rolls, perhaps? Gotta
stop by and see what they're creating!

*** DESSERT/SWEETS TRUCKS ***

* YAY, the  <https://www.facebook.com/ilovelocopops/> Locopops VAN IS HERE!
What better after dinner (or before, live daringly!) than a great paleta
(popsicle) in dairy or dairy-free versions and all kinds of comfort or
exotic flavors! Something to tempt or satisfy many palates. Yummy summer
treat!

NOTE: roster of vendors always subject to last minute changes pending
contingencies - life happens /
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/streetfoodrealities> #streetfoodrealities
!)

***********************
Want to join the truck lineup with your mobile food? Contact Farrah our
coordinator at farrahhs at gmail.com.
***********************
Want to feature your talents (music, dance, poetry, theatrical or
improv/comedic chops?) at a rodeo? Get in touch with Deb Hawkins at
dhawkins913311 at gmail.com.
Association reps will be around for folks who want to join/renew membership
or donate/support NPNA, to answer questions about our tree fund initiative
or other activities - or to see plans for final construction of our new park
amenity space at Lavender House!

Thanks for coming out & see you there! ~ your NPNA BoD

FB event info: like/follow/subscribe for weather, truck roster updates:
https://www.facebook.com/events/438304023673538/

Join/renew/donate/support NPNA: www.northgateparknc.org
<http://www.northgateparknc.org>  (click 'join' button)