[Durham INC] EOS(ummer!) rodeo @ N'gate park THURS 5-8, Yum summer eats & update special appeal:

Debra Hawkins dhawkins913311 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 00:55:56 EDT 2019

Welcome to end-of-summer park nites and dinner al fresco at our August
rodeo. Bring a blanket, games or that summer read you're on the last
chapters of. Yard toys for the kids to have fun while the sunsets linger
ahead of busy days 'round the corner. Awesome summer evening cuisine options
below, to picnic or pack for home!

Special appeal UPDATE: Fahsyrah's Lemonade owner & rodeo regular Fahim
Knight is awaiting a heart transplant; a gofundme to assist with uncovered
expenses has been created and they are halfway to the goal the hospital
requires before he can be considered/screened! Any further help (link below)
is welcome and gratefully appreciated by the family.

<https://www.gofundme.com/f/fahim-knight-new-heart?utm_source=facebook&utm_m
edium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r&fbclid=IwAR3W-hT9fRiuuS3dC
MLWv15AwcXox6nPf_BpX2NiQoQm_7Xr2dCX0khhNyg>
https://www.gofundme.com/f/fahim-knight-new-heart?utm_source=facebook&utm_me
dium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r&fbclid=IwAR3SC2lmzx5h1xVdLS
pP-WwZ3KKSqzCwgfUYg2UliN_iLkon05zgMGZ6ZzE

Our musician-buskers have paying gigs this summer, but watch for our final
two sessions of the season to go out with plenty of musical and other fun on
tap!

Got stuff to do @ home? Swing by for take-home pickup (for self or family)
from our vendors below, 'stead of cooking on a hot summer nite!

** The Lineup: **
---------------------------------
*** DINNER TRUCKS ***

* NEW (er) TRUCK/BACK  <https://www.facebook.com/cilantroartisanfoods/>
Cilantro Artisan Foods bring mobile unit to Northgate Park (after a rave
single session last season) with eclectic Mexican fare, also veggie and
gluten/allergy free oriented. House made pico/salsas (molcajete, morita,
verde), grilled corn and bean salad, chipotle refritos, maybe cochinita
pibil for a carne fix - who knows what they'll bring us, what will run out
fast! Delicioso....

*  <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gussys-Greek-Food-Truck/721589057871057>
Gussy's Greek Food Truck - next visit from the Triangle bracket truck
winner, with scrumptious Greek salad for a summer night, or various veggie
and allergy-free fare (falafel, dolmades, hummus) or the keftedes & gyros
you know and gotta have.

*  <https://www.facebook.com/bampowchow/> Bam Pow Chow RETURN for visit #2
this season, with lots of different culinary adventures to offer - omnivore
or veggie and some allergy-free options. Whether an exotic burger (brisket,
oxtail?) fries (truffle sweet potato?), lighter fare like poke or pho, or
unusual dessert concoctions, they'll have something to intrigue.

*** DESSERT/SWEETS TRUCKS ***

*  <https://www.facebook.com/ilovelocopops/> Locopops in the Park! End of
summer means an icy delectable on a stick, whether you want vegan,
dairy-free or creamy in a range of go-to or unique flavors. Check the menu
board to see what's new and for just a short time!

NOTE: roster of vendors always subject to last minute changes pending
contingencies - life happens /
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/streetfoodrealities> #streetfoodrealities
!)
***********************
Want to join the truck lineup with your mobile food? Contact Farrah our
coordinator at farrahhs at gmail.com.
***********************
Want to feature your talents (music, dance, poetry, theatrical or
improv/comedic chops?) at a rodeo? Get in touch with Deb Hawkins at
dhawkins913311 at gmail.com.
Association reps will be around for Northgaters who want to join/renew
membership to NPNA, to answer questions about our tree fund initiative or
other activities - or to see plans for final construction of our new park
amenity space at Lavender House!

Thanks for coming out & see you there! ~ your NPNA BoD

FB event info: like/follow/subscribe for weather, truck roster updates:
https://www.facebook.com/events/481308222431979/

Join/renew/donate/support NPNA: www.northgateparknc.org
<http://www.northgateparknc.org>  (click 'join' button)