[Durham INC] Fab-Fall-weather THURS rodeo, free live tunes w/ BC Brakemen, CHALKWALK 9 Art & DOT Bike safety Swag/Fun! (N'gate Pk, 5-8pm)

Debra Hawkins dhawkins913311 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 17:06:26 EDT 2019

Hi neighbors,

Fall's here & we have a lot of fun on tap for THIS THURSDAY's food truck
rodeo edition in Northgate Park, 5-8. Delish food (many allergen-free &
vegan/veggie options), yard toys & special art/bike activities & freebies
for the littles, live music for all. More deets below, see you there!

*****************

Clear & cooling evening for Thursday's rodeo with Kid fun & Live Music. Fave
Regulars  <https://www.facebook.com/bullcitybrakemen/> Bull City Brakemen
will be with us for original & regional roots tunes on the lawn...and CHALK
WALK NUMBER NINE will be underway with xtra features (GLITTER/NEON chalk,
TROSA re-use easels, & more) plus a visit & FREE swag & info from the Dept
of Transit's Bike Safety folks now that school and cycling are underway!
FRIENDLY REMINDER: Do bring some foldin' cash to thank our entertainers who
sing/play for their supper, if you're able. :)

Argh - Got stuff to do @ home? Swing by for take-home dinner pickup (for
self, family, friends) instead of cooking!

** The Lineup: **
---------------------------------
*** DINNER TRUCKS ***

*  <https://www.facebook.com/BaoziFoodtruck/> Baozi NEW TRUCK in lineup
joining us in the park with STEAMED BUN entrees including vegan/vegetarian
varieties and local / seasonal ingredients (plus staples like crispy pork
belly, slow cooked beef short rib) - mouthwatering!!

*  <https://www.facebook.com/Tooties-Mobile-Kitchen-Catering-289910463761/>
Tootie's Mobile Kitchen & Catering - our Go-to local fave truck is back with
us for burgers/dogs, fries, the hands-down best philly cheesesteaks in Durm
- OR, best loaded green salad with fresh ingredients that's value plus!!

*  <https://www.facebook.com/Shrimptrucknc/> The Shrimp Truck - NEW: 3rd plc
NC STATE CHAMP TRUCK for 2018 her for its second visit this season with
everything to satisfy your seafood cravings ~ including their
award-clinching shrimp tacos and many other creations.

*** DESSERT/SWEETS TRUCKS ***
* It's Fall....and that means  <https://www.facebook.com/ChezMoiBakery/>
Chez Moi - A Baking Renaissance...Experience the Awakening! back in the
house with to-die-for rum cake, lemon poundcake and other transportable
desserts we've become addicted to...plus, options from
<https://www.facebook.com/ilovelocopops/> Locopops for those who prefer a
lingering taste of summer.

NOTE: roster of vendors always subject to last minute changes pending
contingencies - life happens /
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/streetfoodrealities> #streetfoodrealities
!)

***********************
Want to join the truck lineup with your mobile food? Contact Farrah our
coordinator at farrahhs at gmail.com.
***********************
Want to feature your talents (music, dance, poetry, theatrical or
improv/comedic chops?) at a rodeo? Get in touch with Deb Hawkins at
dhawkins913311 at gmail.com.
Association reps will be around for Northgaters who want to join/renew
membership to NPNA, answer questions, and talk about fun ways to get
involved with the neighborhood's creative spirit!

Thanks for coming out & see you there! ~ your NPNA BoD

Donate, join/renew membership with the NG association:
www.northgateparknc.org <http://www.northgateparknc.org>

Like, Follow, Subscribe events at NPNA on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/events/2896785800335713/