[Durham INC] Fw: Bike Durham Bike-A-Bull City

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 30 19:36:06 EDT 2019

  *   Bike Durham's annual Bike-a-Bull City event is coming up. Bike Durham is excited this year to host this family-friend event at The Scrap Exchange. The activities will be free to the community and will be an opportunity

to learn about biking.

Event time and location:

October 26th 10 am to 2 PM

The Scrap Exchange

2050 Chapel Hill Rd.

Durham, NC 27707

What is Bike Durham?

Organization Mission: We believe that everyone should have access to safe and affordable transportation regardless of race, wealth, gender identity, ability or where they live. Biking and walking are the most healthy and sustainable ways to move. Bike Durham promotes policy, infrastructure, education, and community events to make Durham more equitable, empowering people of all ages to walk and bike more

What is Bike-a-Bull City (BABC)?

Bike Durham’s largest annual event, aims to elevate the mission of Bike Durham’s ongoing advocacy efforts through a celebration of cycling within our community. Since the formation of Bike Durham and the inaugural BABC event held in 2014, the event has come to be one that the community is familiar with and looks forward to every October. With advocacy as the core mission of the organization, events are essential for providing a platform for growing a strong cycling community, and for educating the public around cycling-friendly change in our community.

Event Purpose and Goals

-All inclusive event for the greater Durham community.

-Educate people on the benefits of alternative transportation in their communities.

-Promote bicycle riding for all ages, levels and interests.

-Promote bicycle transportation advocacy and show how Bike Durham is making a difference

-Sponsor an event that is FUN and educational for everyone.

Festival highlights:

  *   Four guided bike rides for different abilities and ages.
  *   Decorated bike parade with prizes
  *   Music
  *   Food Truck
  *   Refreshments
  *   Tabling by community partners and non-profits.

  *