[Durham INC] Rose Named County’s Interim General Manager for Health and Well-being

Jones, Henry R. hrjones at dconc.gov
Thu Oct 3 15:36:46 EDT 2019

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release                                                 Date: 10/03/19
Contact: Public Information Office                                  Phone: (919) 560-0000/Fax: (919) 560-0020
                                                                                         E-mail: publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov<mailto:publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov>

Rose Named County’s Interim General Manager for Health and Well-being

Durham, NC – Durham County Manager Wendell M. Davis announced on Wednesday, October 3, 2019, that Ben Rose has been named the Interim General Manager for Health and Well-being for Durham County Government. He succeeds former Public Health Director Gayle Harris, who retired on Monday, September 30th after 47 years of working for the County; 10 years of which she also served as General Manager for Health and Well-being.

“On the heels of losing our beloved Gayle B. Harris, who retired this week, Ben will step up as Interim General Manager to oversee operations in our Goal 2 portfolio which include: Public Health, Social Services, Library, Veteran Services, Cooperative Extension and liaison to Alliance Health,” Davis said. “I have every confidence that Ben will successfully manage these departments until a new Goal 2 General Manager is named.”

The appointment is effective immediately and Rose will continue his current duties as director of the Durham County Department of Social Services. Rose joined Durham County in October 2017 as DSS Director. Prior to joining Durham County, Rose served as Cabarrus County’s Social Services Director for eight years and spent 18 years as Director in Chowan County.

For more information about this announcement, call (919) 560-0000 or email publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov<mailto:publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov>.

###