[Durham INC] A last reminder: Wonderful weather, Fab Fall Finale N'gate rodeo, kid's/art fun, live music, tomorrow/Thurs 5-8pm!

Debra Hawkins dhawkins913311 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 17:09:12 EDT 2019

Hi neighbors, last reminder we’ll have super seventies temps, O precip. for tomorrow’s fall food, fun & music festive finale! Link to musical guest preview below (reminder to bring some foldin’ green to show some love for our performers singing for their supper!) and truck updates, etc.

See you there for a great autumn-holidays week kick-start! ~ NPNA

CONFIRMED: WEATHER Looking great! for FUN-FALL family/artist activities, LOBSTER & NEW TRUCKS, and the fabulous local NORTHGATE JAM BAND to close out the 2019 rodeo season next Thurs! (5-8pm)

EARLY ALERT/SAVE DATE: WEATHER Looking good (so far!) for FUN-FALL family/artist activities, LOBSTER & NEW TRUCKS, and the fabulous local NORTHGATE JAM BAND to close out the 2019 rodeo season!

Food truck Fantastic Fall Finale Features include:

FIRST: Kid's (artists of all ages welcome!) Gourd & Pumpkin Art/Craft Activity - Gourds & Pumpkins of many sizes for crafters big or small and decorating supplies - take a creation home! THREE ART Stations - Dry (stickers & markers) Wet (paint/glitter) - Plus,

We will have three BIG pumpkins for volunteers to carve that will go on the LAVENDER HOUSE 'RUINS' on All Hallow's Eve for some spooky neighborhood fun. This station and tools are for use by adults only (scooping and design ideas by kids Ok with supervision). There will also be fixative spray for sealing decorated items from the other stations - adult use only please.

Come create, preserve & take home a treasure! (Or just help us make some for Lavender, and leave the mess behind bwahaha).

SECOND: LIVE MUSIC ON THE LAWN w/special guests:
 <https://www.facebook.com/NorthgateJams/> Northgate Jams BAND! - Fave Ensemble Roots/Old time 'orchestra' - who call Northgate their original home (up at the mall weekly on Wednesdays!) will join us with great and seasonal tunes. REMINDER: NO COVER charge, but do bring some (actual!) currency to show our pro bono musicians some appreciation as they sing/play for their supper! :)

THIRD: CANKERWORM Tree Banding time is next month, helpful tipsheets and supplies guide for easy DIY at our NPNA Info Table!

FOURTH BUT NOT LEAST: GREAT TRUCK LINEUP!

If it's a busy night, swing by for take-home dinner pickup (for self, family, friends) instead of cooking!

** The trucks: **
---------------------------------
*** DINNER TRUCKS ***

* LOBSTER LOVERS:  <https://www.facebook.com/cmlobsterraleigh/> Cousins Maine Lobster are BACK in the park with us for a last chance seashore supper! Lots of amazing lobster-fusion delights, come check what's popular or new on the menu! Get here early before they're sold out! Yum!

*  <https://www.facebook.com/Soomsoompitapockets/> Soomsoom Pita Pockets return w/great Vegan, Vegetarian and Allergen-free options of unique kinds! Middle Eastern, Lebanese & Tel-Aviv inspired offerings for a delicious dinner experience. Faves also sell out fast, y'all.

* NEW TRUCK  <https://www.facebook.com/Eljefecitontheroad/> El Jefecito with us providing family-recipe Mexican cuisine, traditional & innovative. Vegan, Veggie & Gluten/dairy free offerings & variations as well as omnivore versions of dishes. Delicious, come hungry!

*** NEW FEATURED DESSERT TRUCK! ***

* Yay,  <https://www.facebook.com/Dusty-Donuts-167392482083/> Dusty Donuts a NEW TRUCK is joining our finale with THE PERFECT FALL TREAT - FRESH, HOT Mini-donuts in yummy fall tastes - cinnamon, pumpkin spice, s'mores & more...a bit of a fairground flavor for our fall finale - melt in your mouth good!

NOTE: roster of vendors always subject to last minute changes pending contingencies - life happens /  <https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/streetfoodrealities> #streetfoodrealities !)

Want to join the truck lineup with your mobile food? Contact Farrah our coordinator at farrahhs at gmail.com.
Want to feature your talents (music, dance, poetry, theatrical or improv/comedic chops?) at a rodeo? Get in touch with Deb Hawkins at dhawkins913311 at gmail.com.
Association reps will be around for Northgaters who want to join/renew membership to NPNA, answer questions, and talk about fun ways to get involved with the neighborhood's creative spirit!

Thanks for coming out & see you there! ~ your NPNA BoD

Donate, join/renew membership with the NG association: www.northgateparknc.org <http://www.northgateparknc.org>

Like, Follow, Subscribe events at NPNA on FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/2566465706735486/