[Durham INC] Invitation from Bike Durham to join upcoming webinar: Working with State and Local Governments for Safe & Healthy Streets

John Tallmadge director at bikedurham.org
Tue Sep 15 10:16:42 EDT 2020

So many of Durham important streets are state-maintained roadways, and that
introduces an extra set of challenges to make them safe for people walking,
biking or rolling.  We invite you to join us next Wednesday, September 23rd
from 7-8:15pm for a webinar on examples of how state and local
transportation departments have worked together to meet these challenges.
Bike Durham is pleased to host this webinar, sponsored by HDR, Inc.

We'll start with accounts of the unsafe road conditions in the
Merrick-Moore neighborhood by Bonita Greene, and surrounding the Oxford
Manor community by Tammy Ferrell. Then, Rick Plenge, PE, PTOE, Michelle
Podeszwa, PE, and Patrick McDonough, AICP of HDR, Inc. will share their
experiences working with state and local transportation departments to
develop street designs that are safer for people walking and biking.

We hope that you can join us for this important topic.  Please register here
<https://actionnetwork.org/events/working-with-state-and-local-dots-for-safe-healthy-streets?source=direct_link&referrer=group-bike-durham>
.

Be safe and well,

John

--
John Tallmadge (he/him/his)
Executive Director

*Advocacy. Education. Transportation Revolution.*
We believe that everyone should have access to safe and affordable
transportation regardless of race, wealth, gender identity, ability or
where they live.