[Durham INC] Merrick-Moore Community Zoning Issue 2720 Faucette Avenue

Merrick Moore Community merrickmoorecommunity at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:59:44 EST 2021

Hello Merrick-Moore Community supporters,

Many of you are aware of the rezoning and development issues that involve
this community.  The rezoning case at 2720 Faucette Avenue has been
scheduled for February 1, 2021.  There is a work session this coming Thursday,
January 21, 2021. I will provide the links to register for both meetings
below. I ask that as well as registering to speak at both meetings, that
you write an email to the members of the city council expressing your
concern on the development that is happing in the NE corridor of Durham
without repairing outdated infrastructure. I will provide a sample letter
that you are free to customize to your liking or simply draft your own.

I am also including comments from several of the planning commissioners as
to why this development should not happen now.

*                 City Council Work Session Agenda Thursday, January 21,
2021 - 1 p.m. Virtual Meeting*

 *Please note:  Agenda items are current at the time of posting.  Items may
be changed, updated, or added after the initial posting.*

To access Agenda-related documents, please click on the underlined *Agenda
Item title*.

*Please click here *
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5vGSBIkDRei4rDpY1wMKNA* to register to
speak during the Work Session on a below-listed agenda item (except Public
Hearings).  Your registration must be submitted by **10:00 a.m.* *on the
day of the Work Session and your access will be **audio-only**.*

*Our Case 2720 Faucette Avenue (BDG1900012) is listed 18 out of the 20
items on the agenda, at this point.*

*18. **Consolidated Annexation - 2720 Faucette Avenue*

·       To conduct a public hearing to receive comments and consider the
following motions:

·

·       Motion #1: To adopt an ordinance annexing '2720 Faucette Avenue'
into the City of Durham effective March 31, 2021, and to authorize the City
Manager to enter into a utility extension agreement with Joven Properties,
Inc.; and

·       Motion #2: To adopt an ordinance amending the Unified Development
Ordinance by taking property out of Residential Rural and Falls/Jordan Lake
Watershed Protection Overlay District-B (F/J-B), County and City
Jurisdiction, and establishing the same as Planned Development Residential
3.159 (PDR 3.159) and Falls/Jordan Lake Watershed Protection Overlay
District-B (F/J-B), City Jurisdiction.

·       (Resource Person: Grace Smith - 919-560-4137 ext. 28215) (PR# 14441)

*February 1, 2021, City Council Meeting Public Participation*
This meeting will be held online using the Zoom virtual meeting platform.

·       Register to speak at the hearing at least 30 minutes before the
meeting at:

o   https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_lR58ySPbQG-e2gfkwZAo-w

o   Webinar ID: 915 5361 3397

·       Or by calling 1-301-715-8592 at least 15 minutes before the meeting
start time

·       Instructions to participate in the virtual meeting or to watch it
live are available at: https://durhamnc.gov/3012/Public-Hearings-and-Notices
<https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_lR58ySPbQG-e2gfkwZAo-w>

   - email template attached
   - comments from the Planning Commission attached
   - email address for city council - *council at durhamnc.gov
   <council at durhamnc.gov> <council at durhamnc.gov <council at durhamnc.gov>>;*

Thank you for your support,

Bonita Green
Merrick-Moore Community Development Corporation
*merrickmoorecommunity at gmail.com <merrickmoorecommunity at gmail.com>*
954.632.2079 (mobile)