[Durham INC] "How does planning perpetuate generational inequality?"

David Eklund deklund at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 21:46:35 EST 2021

On the topic of the comprehensive plan, Americans aren't the only ones
trying to figure out how best to provide sufficient housing for residents.
>From London comes a perspective from the equivalent of a planning
commission member:

https://redbrickblog.co.uk/2021/02/how-does-planning-perpetuate-generational-inequality/

Full text below:

*In part one of this three part blog contribution we hear from inside the
> tent to what extent our planning system is truly representative and
> democratic. Or whether hyper-local Not-In-My-Back-Yard (NIMBY) opposition
> perpetuates the generational inequality we should all oppose. *

It was early in the evening when I realised things were not going as I had