[Durham INC] LAST DAY, Invite: We gave this local a crown...can we help her win a grant? Food Truck Entrepreneur needs a click from you today!

Debra Hawkins dhawkins913311 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 01:27:47 EDT 2021

Hi neighbors - a quick special request. We helped her win National Dessert
Truck of the year. Please click and vote (TODAY'S LAST DAY) to help our
beloved entrepreneur Rhonda Jones of Chez Moi Cake truck get to the top and
receive some great grant support in this pandemic....details and link to
click and vote below!!! THANK YOU!!!

<https://smallbusinessgrant.fedex.com/entry/CxZ7oHy3tN?fbclid=IwAR2jEx-OJiDs
tnz1gUKjJRX6GmRvyoH6toYG140JZF6BR7N-h-z8F0WZT40>
https://smallbusinessgrant.fedex.com/entry/CxZ7oHy3tN

---------------------------------

Hey Y'all! We are down to the last day to vote -

2021 FedEx Small Business Grant Contest

There is 50k at stake! Thanks for your support.

<https://smallbusinessgrant.fedex.com/entry/CxZ7oHy3tN?fbclid=IwAR3QZIHRXpW1
17OQi5cOCjQkyDG6DYuZwJ5sC_ARnXIIQhti6XvIkHzWiNk>
https://smallbusinessgrant.fedex.com/entry/CxZ7oHy3tN

Chez Moi Bakery is a home-based, specialty bakery and retail product
producer (
<http://justgrabaspoon.com/?fbclid=IwAR1W-KcEH02FarF6iGWWDHaA_N_WU_dMPWsmoq3
tIuIiCb20r-CEVrD58WE> JustGrabASpoon.com) known for our signature Brown
Sugar Vanilla Rum Cake
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/asseenonpbs?__eep__=6&__cft__%5b0%5d=AZVUj
PQPi1kv0ineS494OadAjG6Cu6k9YjuX0tmEMSszYYTv433ZGxxp0L1H2iwqokhvIuA2U-5O-sqKQ
USoLbSQb3DN6VS2sHT5pBUPWskcSEZyCdz87ddxEWnT5DBPIV4UeND72RWtumLME_Ft1mcd3D7-v
_Q7DDqUJp1ys98WTg&__tn__=*NK-R> #AsSeenOnPBS. Orders are shipped nationwide
and available for pick up & delivery. The cake is sold at 3 retail locations
and a grocery co-op sells the lemon and lime curd. I started Chez Moi after
bringing rum back from a cruise. A family friend used to make rum cake for
me and I always loved baking with my mom & my EZ Bake Oven. My friends &
family encouraged me to start a business.

Chez Moi stands out from others by operating as a specialty bakery with a
limited amount of products, by having a strong online presence and offering
outstanding customer service. I am a member of a women's culinary
organization where we raise money for various food related causes. With
being in the food & beverage industry, doing what I can to help with food
insecurity is what I'm most passionate about.

Q: How would you use the grant to enhance your business

and recover from any impacts of COVID-19?

I would use this grant to take my business to the next level by creating
additional retail ready products which will grow the product line, securing
a co-packer to increase production and providing the ability to hire a
marketing company to increase brand awareness. Repurposing... The dessert
food truck is now used as a delivery vehicle since I decided to pivot to
contactless delivery when the pandemic started.

Anyone who is 18 years or older with a valid email address can vote. Voting
is limited to one per person per 24-hour period. The voting period ends
March 24th.

<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ILoveRumCake.com%2F%3Ffbcli
d%3DIwAR1FwFoslPra0Odveoo9C3q31QUORczjs-10s9v-R0hU273gyZrZuE26yas&h=AT1Nf2E1
e1SOCi2q5JYKCw5MpNZhBY7N5kNAi-qxE8fwaedz440byEaMydH0q4hub8VNQkCbNP5eFNHlQvA-
ViPvO-rJ8_-ZPWXn5hLgfC40F5oSptOCA6GLnkg_8dUtzRL8hPd03KZETs26NCgr&__tn__=-UK-
R&c%5b0%5d=AT1gqPjrcJ_xOncyIXSI2iYABMQbt4Mkx0OGF9RxpgvBVffujIgXX0xAlV1bqlRL0
GY-dXW5TigpIqh9SU9N3SX09FHaIycXxI3LhSjC50ofVcs5bVZH4IKl3yRDjY4vqmXWNYdKxuIhO
3NJrMU-1fjSvL-Pde2U5NJK4mwyowy8-Rz6aEw> www.ILoveRumCake.com

THANK YOU!!!

Chez Moi

A Baking Renaissance...Experience the Awakening!
www.iloverumcake.com <http://www.iloverumcake.com/>

Follow us on Instagram @ChezMoiBakery & @LoveToEatLocal &
MacroPhotographyDurham

_____________________

www.JustGrabASpoon.com <http://www.JustGrabASpoon.com>  by: Chez Moi Bakery
- Lemon Curd & Lime Curd
NOW Available at all four https://www.weaverstreetmarket.coop
<https://www.weaverstreetmarket.coop/>  locations across the Triangle!
______________________
2020 - Discover Eat It Forward Program Awardee

Indy Week - 10 Best Food Trucks in the Triangle
<https://indyweek.com/guides/almanac/2019-food-drink-almanac-10-best-food-tr
ucks-in-the-triangle/>

2018 Dessert Food Truck of the Year!
<https://mobile-cuisine.com/contest/chez-moi-2018-dessert-food-truck/>

1 of 102 Winners of the SCORE / Sam's Club Championship 2015
<http://championship.score.org/winners>

 <http://video.pbs.org/program/a-few-great-bakeries/> "A Few Great Bakeries"
- aired on PBS August 25th 2015 - WATCH NOW!

UNC-TV Community Partner!