[Durham INC] YARD WASTE UPDATE: Regular Weekly Curbside Collections Resume Week of June 1

PublicAffairs PublicAffairs at durhamnc.gov
Thu May 6 11:55:26 EDT 2021

Our yard waste collections have been occurring on a bi-weekly schedule for all subscribers since last summer due to COVID-19 restrictions.

Now that we are beginning to overcome the pandemic and restrictions are lessening, we're happy to announce that we're moving back to regular weekly collections the week of June 1.

Since Monday, May 31 is the Memorial Day holiday, all curbside yard waste collections will be delayed by one day that week, with our Friday customers being collected on Monday, June 7.

On your collection day, please place your brown yard waste cart curbside no later than 6 a.m. to avoid a possible missed collection.

If you need help figuring out your schedule, visit our webpage at https://durhamnc.gov/solidwaste. Simply select "find your collection day," type in your address, and your schedule will appear.

You can also use our free Durham Rollout app, available in the Apple and Google Play stores, to search for your curbside collection schedule. If you have questions about the types of materials that belong in your yard waste cart, we have those details on our website and in our app too.

If you're ever wondering about our Current Collections Status, we update our webpage daily at https://durhamnc.gov/2798 as well as send out messages in our free app. So, if something happens and we're unable to finish our routes, we'll note that information on this webpage along with instructions on what to do with uncollected carts.

We know this past year has been a tough one, and we appreciate your continued patience as our crews worked overtime to collect garbage, recycling, and yard waste while grappling with COVID-19 restrictions, the unpredictable quarantine of our employees, and vehicle overuse leading to excessive maintenance issues and down time.

We are thrilled to resume our regular curbside service schedule the week of June 1, and we look forward to continuing to serve your yard waste collection needs.

Sincerely,
City of Durham Solid Waste Management Department