[Durham INC] Fwd: presentation of the free Central American Minors refugee and parole program this Friday via Zoom

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 12:49:28 EST 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Angel Romero Ruiz <angel.romero at duke.edu>
Date: Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 8:34 AM
Subject: presentation of the free Central American Minors refugee and
parole program this Friday via Zoom
To: duke_latinx_health_stakeholders at duke.edu <
duke_latinx_health_stakeholders at duke.edu>

Good morning,

*Note*: This meeting will not be in Spanish. We envision this meeting as a
way to inform advocates that work with the Hispanic community rather than
the community directly, although anyone is welcome to attend our meetings. We
will record the meeting and will ask Joe if they have information in
Spanish that we can distribute to anyone interested.

[image: Children are among the migrants from Central America who are
walking north towards the United States. Here they are pictured on the
streets of Tapachula, Chiapas, Mexico. 21 October 2018.]

(photo credit: UNICEF Mexico)

On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 9:00 the Latin Health Roundtable will host a
presentation of the Central American Minors (CAM) program conducted by Joe
Furtick of Church World Service. Joe's organization is the authorized
partner in our region to receive and process applications. As many of you
know, Durham and the surrounding area has a large number of Central
American residents.

About the Program

The CAM refugee and parole program provides certain qualified children who
are nationals of El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras, as well as certain
family members of those children an opportunity to apply for refugee status
and possible resettlement in the United States.

Only certain parents or legal guardians who are lawfully present in the
United States may request access to the program for qualifying children. A
qualified child must be unmarried, under the age of 21, and a national of
El Salvador, Guatemala, or Honduras. In some cases, an in-country parent of
the qualifying child may also qualify for access. Children of a qualifying
child or of other eligible family members may also qualify, if those
children are under the age of 21 and unmarried.

Please join us to learn more about the program.

Topic: Central American Minors program

Time: Dec 3, 2021 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://duke.zoom.us/j/93250991752?pwd=MDl0eml3RVVzaTI1c1JzTnZ1eEsxdz09
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://duke.zoom.us/j/93250991752?pwd=MDl0eml3RVVzaTI1c1JzTnZ1eEsxdz09__;!!OToaGQ!_Msy0zS_upZahyKangjOvVCdwdMGrIv0n7puSHqmQ4ZR4n1XHIZ9pApmmOGOH8mWuKi1IKvxwagDD_lQ$>

Meeting ID: 932 5099 1752

Passcode: 108127

Dial by your location

        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

Angel

Ángel Romero Ruiz, MMC, CNM
Program Coordinator, Community Partnerships
Duke Population Health Management Office
Phone: 919.613.6652
Cell: 919.812.4357
Fax: 919.660.0654
Email: angel.romero at duke.edu
Web: phmo.dukehealth.org

--
Bonita Green
Merrick-Moore Community Development Corporation