[Durham INC] Fwd: Emergency Rental Assistance: Email City Council by 12/20/21 (& speak on 12/21/21)

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 09:21:23 EST 2021

Hello all,
The email below is a call for action on the emergency rental assistance to
prevent evictions,  for your review.
Bonita

On 12/21/21, 1:00 pm, City Council will vote on the contract with Legal Aid
of NC for Emergency Rental Assistance to prevent Evictions.  This contract is
needed urgently so Legal Aid of NC can pay Emergency Rental Assistance and
prevent Evictions.  People need help to stay in their homes ASAP.

*By 12/20/21, please email City Council at: Council at DurhamNC.gov*

*If you can speak on 12/21/21 at 1:00 pm, please sign up before 10 am on
12/21.  We are Proponents to quickly move forward on Agenda Item #2  *

*(Below is the link to Speak on Agenda Items at Council Work Sessions.) *
* https://durhamnc.gov/1345/Watch-or-Comment-at-Meetings-Work-Sessio
<https://durhamnc.gov/1345/Watch-or-Comment-at-Meetings-Work-Sessio>*

Below is the Agenda for the City Council Work Session on 12/21/21, 1 pm.
This meeting looks short.
https://cityordinances.durhamnc.gov/OnBaseAgendaOnline/Meetings/ViewMeeting?id=497&doctype=1

On 1/6/21, 1:00 pm, City Council will consider the Bull City Tenants United
proposal for a Tenants Bill of Rights.  You can sign up to speak before
10:00 am on 1/6/22, the day of the Work Session.  This Council meeting may
be long, but the Mayor may hear comments in the first part of the meeting.

Our top priority is Emergency Repairs to prevent Evictions for repairs that
make the home unlivable.  We ask the City to require 72-hour Emergency
Repairs for health and safety hazards, including heat, electricity,
plumbing, and water that causes mold.  We fully support the Tenants Bill of
Rights, so you are welcome to speak to any of the priorities.

Below is the link to the Bull City Tenants United priorities in the Tenants
Bill of Rights:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aeMngEirGinFFaCJRzs7Mez3ZZSiKgOI4PtDED0TKV0/edit

Thanks.
Lorisa, 919-801-6863