[Durham INC] Register for the Community Ownership Campaign! DataWorks NC

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:17:35 EST 2022

Hello friends,

I am *excited* to share that *DataWorks NC* is hosting its first
fundraising campaign!

As a board member,  I want to extend my personal invite, to join the*
Community Ownership Campaign* kickoff, on February 2, 2022, at 6:00 pm.
Hosting the event is *Jannah Bieren* founder of* PHREEDOM LLC.,* along with
Special Guest *Jaki Shelton Green*, *North Carolinas' poet laureate. *

>From 2019, *DataWorks* has supported the Merrick-Moore Community in
providing statistical graphs and maps that have permitted us to gain
funding for the development of our community garden project. This
information also proved vital when we were faced with a rezoning case which
would have led to MMC being gentrified.

Both John and L'Tanya have given their time to attend community meetings,
speak with the residents, and learn the needs of the community first hand.
Their work, for Merrick-Moore and other communities that are historically
disenfranchised, is very much needed and provided at no cost to the
community.

I hope that you will join us for this momentous occasion!

The registration link is below:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/community-ownership-campaign-kickoff-tickets-241329552187

We look forward to seeing you there!

be a kind human