[Durham INC] New webinar announced! Register to learn how to engage residents in equitable code enforcement

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:41:18 EDT 2022

New webinar announced! Register to learn how to engage residents in
equitable community development.

Hear how communities can achieve more effective, equitable code enforcement
by working with
residents ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

Cornerstone is our FREE monthly lunch-and-learn webinar series where you
can stay up to date on the latest trends in community development. Webinars
take place from 12:00 – 1:00 pm ET on the fourth Thursday of each month and
offer a range of topics including land banks and land banking, vacant land
stewardship, and strategic code enforcement.

Check out our upcoming webinar below and register now to save your seat!

*Register Now*

<https://default.salsalabs.org/T80de0342-3e08-4299-81dd-40054c40973f/b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>*Strengthening
Community Relationships to Achieve Equitable Code Enforcement*
*Thursday, April 28, 2022, 12:00 - 1:00 pm ET*

Code enforcement is a critical tool in any strategy aiming to address
vacant, abandoned, and deteriorated (VAD) properties and resolve their
harms to communities. However, communities often overlook their most
effective resource in the fight against VAD: residents. This webinar will
explore how communities can achieve more effective, equitable code
enforcement by building relationships with residents, neighborhood
associations, and grassroots leaders.

Participants will learn:

   - Why it is important for code enforcement departments to continually
   engage with residents and their needs;
   - How Peoria, Illinois’ inclusive approach to code enforcement has
   allowed for more effective and equitable enforcement outcomes; and
   - Specific examples of engagement programs Peoria uses.

*Presenters*:

   - *Liz Kozub* – Associate Director of National Technical Assistance,
   Center for Community Progress
   - *Joe Dulin* – Community Development Director, Community Development
   Department; City of Peoria, Illinois

Register Now
<https://default.salsalabs.org/T0936e8af-085d-445c-8bdf-b096871c90f2/b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>

*Want more free webinars? Join our email list
<https://default.salsalabs.org/Ta912e24a-9ebe-4e35-8e8a-3704b008d6f9/b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>
and be informed when upcoming webinars are announced! *

*Center for Community Progress*
111 E. Court St.
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/111+E.+Court+St.+Suite+2C?entry=gmail&source=g>
 Suite 2C
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/111+E.+Court+St.+Suite+2C?entry=gmail&source=g>
-1 | Flint, Michigan 48502
(877) 542-4842

Were you forwarded this email and would like to be added to our email list?
Subscribe *here
<https://default.salsalabs.org/T4f6dcaad-4137-43b8-bd38-04abc0af6c33/b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>*!

Follow Us
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Center-for-Community-Progress/107892742580664>
<https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=cprogressnews>
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=5181245&trk=anet_ug_hm&goback=%2Ebzo_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_center*5for*5community*5progress>

Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your web browser
<https://communityprogress.salsalabs.org/apr2022cornerstone?wvpId=b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>
Unsubscribe
<https://communityprogress.salsalabs.org/manage-your-subscription?eId=1cc337e6-2ca5-478f-8e97-5344bbe5d79a&eType=EmailBlastContent&sId=b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>
or Manage Your Preferences