[Durham INC] Join the gathering on November 20 to remember the victims of traffic crashes

John Tallmadge director at bikedurham.org
Wed Nov 16 15:17:49 EST 2022

November 20 is recognized as the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic
Victims. Bike Durham is going to host a gathering in recognition of this
day for the first time here in Durham. On this Sunday at 4:30p, we will
gather at Westover Park to remember the twenty-two victims of road crashes
who have died in Durham this year, and the many more who have been injured.

The program will include remarks from me as executive director of Bike
Durham, from a friend of Matt Simpson's family (Matt was killed while
crossing Guess Road at this location in July), a member of the Bicycle &
Pedestrian Advisory Commission, and other dignitaries. This will be
followed by a candle-lighting ceremony. We also intend to place luminaries
in Guess Road to narrow the trail crossing to two lanes, symbolizing the
measures we want to see to slow traffic and save lives on the streets of
Durham.

We hope that you can join us. Please let us know by responding with the
button below.
YES, I WILL BE THERE
<https://actionnetwork.org/events/wdr-2022?source=INC_email&>

Be safe,

--
John Tallmadge (he/him/his)
Executive Director

*Working for safe, affordable, & sustainable transportation for all*
bikedurham.org/give <http://bikedurham.org/donate> [image: 🚲][image:
🚌] [image:
🚶]