[Durham INC] Hello all. Adding to a comment I made last night about "cumulative effects" being removed from City Council packages on rezoning, annexations etc.

Stephen Knill knillsj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 08:15:52 EST 2022

At the last 2 City Council meetings there were discussions about Fire Station 17 being out of capacity to handle incidents when all the developments already approved in  SE Durham are populated.
At the last meeting, Councilman Middleton instructed both the Fire Department and the Planning Department to not include “ cumulative effects” in the Impact Studies they provide for these.  The City Manager also told both to not include this information.
Please watch 10 minutes starting at 2:19:40 in the You Tube recording below. You’ll see the actual exchange.
This is a dangerous directive and could affect every one of your communities going forward. We are discussing with County and some City officials.

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzsIBfvVk2s <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzsIBfvVk2s>