[Durham INC] newsletter ads or sponsors

Debra Hawkins dhawkins913311 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 03:12:58 EST 2023

I guess everyone's mileage can vary... because I met a lot of terrific
people on my moderate sized delivery route over the years I took care of it
- some of whom are now very dear and long time friends. Those same people
became very engaged in neighborhood community building themselves alongside
me and had great fun doing so. Also what I and others have discovered is
that there's plenty of news and content for a four page newsletter in which
some of the space is advertising - it's really just that finding
writers/content providers is the tougher part.

If you're short on things of interest to put in a newsletter, some ideas
include a recap of a recent neighborhood event complete with pictures of
attendees.... Everyone loves to read and see if they got their picture in
the 'paper'! - anyone who attended and took some photos could be approached
to write a 300 word little summary and supply their photography... Many a
person might be flattered to be asked.

One could also create regular features such as a gardening corner, notes
from the neighborhood president, and in our case an interview series with
interesting neighbors doing cool or unusual community things or some of our
local small business persons who are nearby vendors, food truck folks
etc... We were thrilled to be able to feature local BlPOC and women
entrepreneurs who built a successful enterprise near to or as residents of
our neighborhood. Of course there are event and environmental activity
announcements and the occasional seasonal recipe, neighborhood throwback
photo / history quiz or puzzle thrown in as well!

You can check out Northgate Park neighborhood on their web page or Facebook
space and use links to see our online editions and the kinds of articles
and features our writers have submitted. We've been fortunate to have some
fantastic & proactive editors and enthusiastic delivery volunteers and that
has been a big help in making our newsletters a success!

D in NGP