[Durham INC] Events visual & performing - play; clay party & online auction; classical guitar; screen/society film series; addresses - theaters, bookstores, film, galleries, dance, music related

Laura Drey lauradrey at ncrrbiz.com
Sat Feb 4 14:26:26 EST 2023

> To: Ackland Art Museum INFO <ackland at email.unc.edu <mailto:ackland at email.unc.edu>>, Ackland Museum Events <acklandevents at unc.edu <mailto:acklandevents at unc.edu>>, American Tobacco events music <faraujo at cbc-raleigh.com <mailto:faraujo at cbc-raleigh.com>>, ARTSCENTER INFO <info at artscenterlive.org <mailto:info at artscenterlive.org>>, "Cedar Creek Craft Gallery (has nursery) INFO" <info at cedarcreekgallery.com <mailto:info at cedarcreekgallery.com>>, "Center for Documentary Studies (CDS) info" <docstudies at duke.edu <mailto:docstudies at duke.edu>>, Chatham Artists Guild INFO <chathamartists at gmail.com <mailto:chathamartists at gmail.com>>, Craven Allen Gallery House of Frames INFO <cravenallen at gmail.com <mailto:cravenallen at gmail.com>>, Craven Allen Gallery House of Frames INFO <Festival at EnoRiver.org <mailto:Festival at EnoRiver.org>>, Cricket Forge INFO <infor at cricketforge.com <mailto:infor at cricketforge.com>>, FRANK Gallery info <info at frankisart.com <mailto:info at frankisart.com>>, FRUIT OF LABOR World Cultural Center INFO <fruitoflaborwcc at netscape.com <mailto:fruitoflaborwcc at netscape.com>>, Gerrie and Company INFO <gerrieandco at gmail.com <mailto:gerrieandco at gmail.com>>, HAYTI HERITAGE CENTER INFO <info at hayti.org <mailto:info at hayti.org>>, Lazy Daze Art Festival <sherecarinci at gmail.com <mailto:sherecarinci at gmail.com>>, Legacy Studios INFO <info at durhamschoolforballet.com <mailto:info at durhamschoolforballet.com>>, Motorco INFO <artist at motorcomusic.com <mailto:artist at motorcomusic.com>>, Museum of Durham History INFO <manager at modh.org <mailto:manager at modh.org>>, Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University Nancy Hower <wendy.hower at duke.edu <mailto:wendy.hower at duke.edu>>, NC Museum Of Art Membership <membership at ncartmuseum.org <mailto:membership at ncartmuseum.org>>, Outer Loop Arts INFO <outerlooparts at gmail.com <mailto:outerlooparts at gmail.com>>, POWER PLANT GALLERY INFO <Powerplantgallery at duke.edu <mailto:Powerplantgallery at duke.edu>>, Scrap Exchange Community INFO <community at scrapexchange.org <mailto:community at scrapexchange.org>>, Through This Lens INFO <throughthislens at gmail.com <mailto:throughthislens at gmail.com>>, "Center for Documentary Studies (CDS) info" <docstudies at duke.edu <mailto:docstudies at duke.edu>>, EMPOWERMENT PROJECT doc film makers INFO <info at empowermentproject.com <mailto:info at empowermentproject.com>>, "FULL FRAME Doc. Film Festival INFO" <info at fullframefest.org <mailto:info at fullframefest.org>>, Motorco INFO <artist at motorcomusic.com <mailto:artist at motorcomusic.com>>, HIDDEN VOICES INFO <info at hiddenvoices.org <mailto:info at hiddenvoices.org>>, JUSTICE THEATER PROJECT INFO <thejusticetheaterproject at gmail.com <mailto:thejusticetheaterproject at gmail.com>>, SOUTHERN DOCUMENTARY FUND shows films INFO <info at southerndocumentaryfund.org <mailto:info at southerndocumentaryfund.org>>
> Cc: CAROLINA THEATRE EMAILS Efan <efan at carolinatheatre.org <mailto:efan at carolinatheatre.org>>, Claymakers info <info at claymakers.com <mailto:info at claymakers.com>>, NC Museum of Art help <help at ncartmuseum.org <mailto:help at ncartmuseum.org>>, DUKE SCREEN SOCIETY INFO <screensociety-announce at duke.edu <mailto:screensociety-announce at duke.edu>>

> To: ADF INFO <adf at americandancefestival.org <mailto:adf at americandancefestival.org>>, Blue Note Grill INFO <email at thebluenotegrill.com <mailto:email at thebluenotegrill.com>>, BROADWAY SERIES SOUTH INFO <info at progressenergycenter.com <mailto:info at progressenergycenter.com>>, Carolina Performing Arts INFO <carolinaperformingarts at unc.edu <mailto:carolinaperformingarts at unc.edu>>, Friends of DPAC <Friends-of-DPAC at dpacnc.com <mailto:Friends-of-DPAC at dpacnc.com>>, NCSU CENTER STAGE Stewart INFO <centerstage at ncsu.edu <mailto:centerstage at ncsu.edu>>, Pine Cone INFO <info at pinecone.org <mailto:info at pinecone.org>>, PlayMakers Repertory Company Box Office <prcboxoffice at unc.edu <mailto:prcboxoffice at unc.edu>>, Raleigh Little Theater INFO <info at raleighlittletheatre.org <mailto:info at raleighlittletheatre.org>>, Theater in the Park INFO <info at theatreinthepark.com <mailto:info at theatreinthepark.com>>, "Golden Fig Books (Durham) INFO" <info at goldenfigbooks.com <mailto:info at goldenfigbooks.com>>, Lazy Daze Art Festival <sherecarinci at gmail.com <mailto:sherecarinci at gmail.com>>, "Letters Bookshop (Durham)" <info at lettersbookshop.com <mailto:info at lettersbookshop.com>>, Museum of Durham History INFO <manager at modh.org <mailto:manager at modh.org>>, "Purple Crow Books (Hillsborough) INFO" <purplecrow at gmail.com <mailto:purplecrow at gmail.com>>, Regulator Bookshop INFO <regulatorbookshop at gmail.com <mailto:regulatorbookshop at gmail.com>>
> Cc: DUKE CHAPEL INFO <dukechapel at duke.edu <mailto:dukechapel at duke.edu>>, NCMA Membership <membership at ncartmuseum.org <mailto:membership at ncartmuseum.org>>

> books at quailridgebooks.com,

> Cc: Scrap Exchange Community INFO <community at scrapexchange.org>

My wish remains that theaters, galleries and museums continue to at least recommend that people wear masks.

Events virtual

Martin Luther King Jr. Commemoration | Duke University Chapel also virtual 2023
https://chapel.duke.edu/events/2023-martin-luther-king-jr-commemoration-1673812800 <https://chapel.duke.edu/events/2023-martin-luther-king-jr-commemoration-1673812800>

Origins of the Dream: Hughes’s Poetry and King’s Rhetoric - North Carolina Museum of Art
https://ncartmuseum.org/events/origins-of-the-dream-hughess-poetry-and-kings-rhetoric/ <https://ncartmuseum.org/events/origins-of-the-dream-hughess-poetry-and-kings-rhetoric/>

----

Events visual, performing arts and films

Saturday, February 4 at 7:30

"A Walk in August” play

Co-presented by Carolina Theatre and Hayti Heritage Center

 “A Walk in August” is a journey of self-reflection and friendship between Broadway Actor, Director, and Educator James A. Williams and Pulitzer Prize winning American playwright August Wilson. Williams explores his life experiences mirrored with the many roles he has portrayed in Wilson’s plays. Wilson is best known for his series of ten plays, collectively called the “Pittsburgh Cycle,” which chronicles the experiences and heritage of the African American community in the 20th century. Wilson is considered by many as “theater’s poet of Black America.”

Free

Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-walk-in-august-tickets-443490992497?utm_source=eventbrite&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=reminder_attendees_48hour_email&utm_term=eventname&ref=eemaileventremind <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-walk-in-august-tickets-443490992497?utm_source=eventbrite&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=reminder_attendees_48hour_email&utm_term=eventname&ref=eemaileventremind>

Hayti Heritage Center
804 Old Fayetteville Street
Durham, NC 27701
——

> From: "Claymakers" <info at claymakers.org <mailto:info at claymakers.org>>

Thursday, February 9  from 7- 10 pm

For the Love of Clay: Party; Online Auction + Raffle
Celebrate and support Claymakers pottery party 90s themed dance floor; major festivities; killer desserts donated by local restaurants; craft activities from Scrap Exchange

incredible online auction of 50+ items, all from local makers and businesses! Click below to see all the items, and check back—our pottery elves may be adding more over the next few days!

Auctions End: Thursday, February 9th @ 9:30 pm

You do not have to be present at the event to win! Unfortunately, we cannot offer shipping at this time.

Winners have two ways to collect their auction items: If you're in attendance, you can pick up your auction items at the conclusion of the event. You can also pick up auction items at Claymakers Tuesday-Saturday, 1-6 pm, starting Tuesday, February 14th.
 Auction Amazement  <https://a1e0.engage.squarespace-mail.com/r?m=63d967cb5eba2c732d078291&u=https%3A%2F%2Fclaymakers.rallyup.com%2F3c0343%2FAuction&w=61dc85846c6b0048e8ef4c2a&l=en-US&s=FNIvCt1eLpd0pr2K0w2V3_6o9Uk%3D>
Claymakers is a non-profit that has been a hub of ceramic education in Durham for over 20 years. Our mission is to promote the joy of working with clay; sustain a thriving community of artists, students, and teachers; and foster enthusiasm for the ceramic arts through classes, workshops, exhibits, special events, and access to facilities and materials.

Tickets: https://www.claymakers.org/for-the-love-of-clay?ss_source=sscampaigns&ss_campaign_id=63bd9c46b7cd6e54adec6309&ss_email_id=63d967cb5eba2c732d078291&ss_campaign_name=For+the+Love+of+Clay%3A+Online+Auction+%2B+Raffle+Are+Live%21&ss_campaign_sent_date=2023-01-31T19%3A11%3A52Z <https://www.claymakers.org/for-the-love-of-clay?ss_source=sscampaigns&ss_campaign_id=63bd9c46b7cd6e54adec6309&ss_email_id=63d967cb5eba2c732d078291&ss_campaign_name=For+the+Love+of+Clay%3A+Online+Auction+%2B+Raffle+Are+Live%21&ss_campaign_sent_date=2023-01-31T19%3A11%3A52Z>

Call us at: (919) 530-8355

Donate: https://www.claymakers.org/donate <https://www.claymakers.org/donate>

——

Duke Screen/Society - series of films

Screen/Society provides ambitious film programming for the Triangle community, specializing in theatrical premieres of global and independent art films and repertory programs, including international classics, Hollywood genre works, and director retrospectives. Unless otherwise indicated, the free screenings take place in the Rubenstein Arts Center's <https://artscenter.duke.edu/> Film Theater, a 100-seat venue that projects archival 35mm, 16mm, and 4K Digital Cinema. Screen/Society is organized and programmed by Hank Okazaki <https://scholars.duke.edu/person/hokazak> and sponsored by Duke Cinematic Arts, with support from the Mary Duke Biddle Foundation and the Department of Art, Art History, and Visual Studies.

SCREEN/SOCIETY SCHEDULE: HTTPS://CINEMATICARTS.DUKE.EDU/SCREENSOCIETY <https://cinematicarts.duke.edu/screensociety>
Virtual screenings: https://watch.eventive.org/screensociety <https://watch.eventive.org/screensociety>
Duke Rubenstein Arts Center (919) 660-1700
2020 Campus Drive
Durham, NC 27705
Main Phone:

----

Sunday, February 19 at 3 pm

Feb. 25 at 7:00

Jorge Caballero Recital: virtuoso extraordinaire
Presented by Triangle Guitar Society in the Triangle’s best sounding hall right here in Durham for the finest classical guitarist alive today!

Masks are recommended for concert attendees.

Tickets are $14 for Triangle Guitar Society members and $20 for the general public and $5 for all students.

Church of the Good Shepherd at 3741 Garrett Rd, Durham, NC 27707.

Laura