[Durham INC] DCHC MPO Seeks Public Comment on Regional Transportation Plan and Air Quality

City of Durham Communications Communications at durhamnc.gov
Thu Jun 29 10:19:44 EDT 2023

[DCHC MPO (@DCHCMPO) | ?????]
Member Organizations:  Town of Carrboro, Town of Chapel Hill, Chatham County, City of Durham, Durham County, Town of Hillsborough,
North Carolina Department of Transportation, Orange County, and GoTriangle

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 29, 2023
News Media Contact: Kelly Fomenko, (919) 503-4119, Kelly.Fomenko at dchcmpo.org<mailto:Kelly.Fomenko at dchcmpo.org>

DCHC MPO Seeks Public Comment on Regional Transportation Plan and Air Quality
Input Requested by August 7

DURHAM, N.C. - Now is the time to give your input on proposed changes to our region's long-range transportation plan.  We want to hear from people interested in bicycle, pedestrian, transit and highway transportation projects and their effect on air quality in this region.

The Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (DCHC MPO<http://www.dchcmpo.org>) seeks input by August 7. Please weigh in on an amendment to transportation improvements included in the 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP). Also, please share feedback on the region's Air Quality conformity report.

The 2050 MTP<https://www.dchcmpo.org/what-we-do/programs-plans/transportation-plans/2050-metropolitan-transportation-plan> identifies future highway, bus, rail, bicycle, pedestrian, and other transportation projects for this region over the next 30 years.  The Air Quality report<https://www.dchcmpo.org/what-we-do/programs-plans/air-quality-climate-change/air-quality-conformity> demonstrates that the region will continue to attain air quality goals with the implementation of the amended 2050 MTP.

Residents and other stakeholders are asked to review the 2050 MTP Amendment #1<https://www.dchcmpo.org/what-we-do/programs-plans/transportation-plans/2050-metropolitan-transportation-plan> and Air Quality Conformity Determination Report<https://www.dchcmpo.org/what-we-do/programs-plans/air-quality-climate-change/air-quality-conformity> on the DCHC MPO website<http://www.dchcmpo.org> and provide comments at www.bit.ly/2050MTPAmend1<http://www.bit.ly/2050MTPAmend1>, or by email<mailto:kelly.fomenko at dchcmpo.org>, or by calling (919) 503-4119 no later than Monday, August 7.

Residents are encouraged to provide comments directly to the DCHC MPO Board, either in person or virtually, at the Board's public hearing for this item on Wednesday, August 9, at 9 a.m.  Send your request to speak at the hearing by email<mailto:kelly.fomenko at dchcmpo.org> or by calling (919) 503-4119.

The board meeting livestream will also be available for viewing on the DCHC MPO YouTube<https://www.dchcmpo.org/?splash=https%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fchannel%2fUC3YJLWzBbNVkOqJtGbp3tug&____isexternal=true>.

About the Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization

The DCHC MPO<http://www.dchcmpo.org/> is responsible for planning and programming state and federal transportation projects in all of Durham County and the urbanized areas of Orange County and Chatham County.  To learn more, follow the DCHC MPO Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/MPOforDCHC> and Twitter<https://twitter.com/DCHCMPO> pages to stay up-to-date on news about their transportation planning efforts.

###