[Durham INC] County Board of Elections Opens New Facility

Jones, Henry R. hrjones at dconc.gov
Fri Aug 23 13:37:06 EDT 2024

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release                                   Date: 08/21/2024
Contact: Public Information Office                Phone: (919) 560-0000/Fax: (919) 560-0020
E-mail: publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov<mailto:publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov>

County Board of Elections Opens New Facility
Doors Open at 3825 S. Roxboro Street, Suite 101, on Sept. 3

Durham, N.C. - On Tuesday, September 3, 2024, the Durham County Board of Elections will partially open its new facility at the Shoppes of Hope Valley located at 3825 S. Roxboro Street, Suite 101, Durham, NC 27713.

Operations at the downtown office will end Friday, August 30 at 5 p.m. All Durham County residents in need of Board of Elections services will be directed to the new building. Signage with the new facility address will be posted at the downtown office. Directional signage will be placed at the new facility to direct voters to the temporary entrance.

"We are incredibly excited about this move and thankful to our County Board of Commissioners and County Manager for making this critical investment in election security," Director Derek Bowens stated. "We believe this new facility will serve our dynamic community well and will be essential to the execution of a successful 2024 Statewide General Election."

The approximately 54,000 square feet of renovated space will consolidate all Board of Elections operations within a single facility. This is the initial phase of the planned two-phase move into the facility. Phase two is expected to begin in mid-October 2024.

To receive updates about the move, Board Meeting Notices, or any other Board of Elections news, visit the GetElections Notifications<https://www.dcovotes.com/i-want-to/board-meeting-notices> page found at dcovotes.com. Please help spread the word. Click here<https://www.dconc.gov/home/showdocument?id=41601&t=638596773634439499> to download the "We Are Moving" flyer.

###