[Durham INC] Fwd: County Board of Elections Opens New Facility

Mimi Kessler mimikessler1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 11:39:24 EDT 2024

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jones, Henry R. <hrjones at dconc.gov>
Date: Fri, Aug 23, 2024 at 1:38 PM
Subject: [Durham INC] County Board of Elections Opens New Facility

*NEWS RELEASE*

*For Immediate Release                                   Date: 08/21/2024*

*Contact: Public Information Office                Phone: (919)
560-0000/Fax: (919) 560-0020*

*E-mail: *publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov

*County Board of Elections Opens New Facility*

Doors Open at 3825 S. Roxboro Street, Suite 101, on Sept. 3

*Durham, N.C. – *On Tuesday, September 3, 2024, the Durham County Board of
Elections will partially open its new facility at the Shoppes of Hope
Valley located at 3825 S. Roxboro Street, Suite 101, Durham, NC 27713.

Operations at the downtown office will end Friday, August 30 at 5 p.m. All
Durham County residents in need of Board of Elections services will be
directed to the new building. Signage with the new facility address will be
posted at the downtown office. Directional signage will be placed at the
new facility to direct voters to the temporary entrance.

*“*We are incredibly excited about this move and thankful to our County
Board of Commissioners and County Manager for making this critical
investment in election security,” Director Derek Bowens stated. “We believe
this new facility will serve our dynamic community well and will be
essential to the execution of a successful 2024 Statewide General Election.”

The approximately 54,000 square feet of renovated space will consolidate
all Board of Elections operations within a single facility. This is the
initial phase of the planned two-phase move into the facility. Phase two is
expected to begin in mid-October 2024.

To receive updates about the move, Board Meeting Notices, or any other
Board of Elections news, visit the GetElections Notifications
<https://www.dcovotes.com/i-want-to/board-meeting-notices> page found at
dcovotes.com. Please help spread the word. Click here
<https://www.dconc.gov/home/showdocument?id=41601&t=638596773634439499> to
download the “We Are Moving” flyer.

###