INC NEWS - Are you being asked?

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Wed Mar 23 17:41:56 EST 2005

Mine was the first mailbox in Forest Hills. We resisted as Cheryl has
pointed out, but that led to us having to go to the Post Office to get our
mail. You can see everyone who has moved in since because they all have
mailboxes. As I understand, when a property is sold, the new owners will
have to put in a mailbox. And when the neighborhood gets to 50% mailboxes,
then everyone has to instal one. It really makes a difference in the
delivery time for our postman. It's faster for him and less chance of
injury due to not having to go up and down the steps in this hillside
neighborhood. Plus they do not have to negotiate the postal vehicle anyway
but forward. My postman said they had issued some decree not to back up.
Maybe because of poor visability in the newer models of postal delivery
vehicles.

I once thought someone could make a living doing mailboxes. Your one call
mailbox shop! And you could get as fancy or as plain as you wanted.

My 2 cents.

RW

> This happened a couple years ago too.  Everyone got all upset about having
> to put mailboxes curbside.  USPS said it was required  but after a little
> checking with the postal service higher ups  we found that it was indeed
> NOT REQUIRED.  My strategy would be to ignore the requests and continue
> with business as usual.
>
> Cheryl Sweeney

This e-mail, and any attachments to it, contains PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) or
entity named on the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination or copying of this e-mail in error is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic  transmission in error, please notify
me by telephone (919-489-0576) or by electronic  mail to the sender of
this email, RW  Pickle (pickle at patriot.net) immediately.