INC NEWS - Durham Croquet Tournament Challenge

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Tue May 31 04:58:30 EDT 2005

The Forest Hills Croquet Club would like to invite any and all
neighborhoods in the City to come and take The Durham Cup away from us. We
are scheduling a tournament in August in order to give you the opportunity
to do this. We have held The Durham Cup for the last five years without
offering a challenge. Here's your chance to take it away from us.

Each neighborhood can have only one team representing it. These teams will
be made up of three players. Entry fee for the citywide tournament is $30
($10 for each player). All proceeds raised will go to charitable causes.
The day of the playoffs, lunch (for the team members) and a post victory
party will be held to present the winners with The Durham Cup. Entry fees
and registration for your team must be in no later than July 15th.

So organize your neighborhood now so as to send us the best you have. You
may want to have an inter neighborhood playoff in order to determine who
your team will be. We stand ready to kick your butts, so you'll want to
give us the best you have to offer. All members of teams must live in the
neighborhood they represent.

Send registration fees (we don't need to know who your team will be until
the 15th of July) to:

RW Pickle
27 Beverly Drive
Durham, NC 27707

Please include contact info for the Captain of your team so we can stay in
communication.  We look forward to seeing you in August as we defend our
right to keep The Durham Cup.

Please post this to your various list servers so everyone who wants to get
involved, can.