INC NEWS - Herald Sun editorial

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 12:11:39 EDT 2005

I just wanted to add that as a resident in a
relatively new neighborhood in Southern Durham, our
board of directors and management company regularly
notify people (via written letter) to move their trash
to the appropriate (hidden) place on non-pickup days;
and if we neighbors do not comply, we are landed with
what-can-become hefty fines, albeit they go to our
neighborhood association.

There is no reason that neighborhoods in the part of
Durham I call "Durham Proper" (i.e. city
neighborhoods) should not have the same right to
enforce neighborhood aesthetics and safety. In fact,
in the current situation, they appear to be 'behind
the times.'

Thanks,
Melissa Rooney

301 Spring Garden Drive