INC NEWS - Prohibit Unrequested Phone Books?

Ken Gasch ken.gasch at hldproductions.com
Fri Nov 18 09:54:20 EST 2005

Kelly,

Capitalism is great.  Advertisers will eventually realize what we are
saying.  Many already have.  Yellow phone books are obsolete.  I have not
kept one for years.  I recycle them.  Yes, this is wasteful.

Still, as a business owner, I need to be able to reach a target audience.
That is my right as an American.

Market forces will kill these dinosaurs.  I prefer to let them die a natural
death.

I would be delighted if we could get a rep from a couple of these companies
to come speak at PAC2 or INC.  They need to hear what the community is
saying.

I would be willing to support an opt-out sort of program.  I would not be
willing to back an initiative that put legal barriers in the way of
companies and required tax money to operate.

Your pal,

Ken