INC NEWS - >>> ADMIN SAYS READ <<<

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Thu Apr 6 23:35:53 EDT 2006

It already causes me extra work. And just adding them to the list often
makes people mad because they start getting more mail they do not want.
Then, most of the time, they are too lazy to remove themselves and then
send me an email to have me remove them. Yet more effort that I have to
expend.

Rejecting the post is a one click thing on my end. For one post or 50
posts that are just hung up at the server. I'm going to keep rejecting
them until told differently. It's easier on me just to do it that way.
List servers should be effortless. Every now and then when you have stuff
like cross-posting or spam attacks, it just adds to my workload. Something
none of needs I'm sure.

Personally, I'd like to add them to the list because I think the more
people who get info, the more informed we all are. But I'll not resort to
adding people just to get there. Plus, if I added everyone, we'd soon
start seeing alot of spam making its way to the list server. Currently,
with the present policy, that is not happening to the list and I have
spared us all some more spam.

It's the cross-posting of late that has caused the problem. And perhaps it
is done without thought. But because we all aren't on the same lists, it
creates problems. Not just for me as the INC administrator, but for all of
the other list administrators as well (unless the Yahoo lists
automatically return posts by people not on a list). I can set ours up to
do the same thing, but everynow and then there is a thread with a relevant
post from someone not on our list (I recall sending a post by our last
Mayor through recently as he commented on a thread that was cross-posted).
But it gets old on my end babysitting. I think an educational moment every
now and then tends to make people aware of things they may have forgotten
or never knew (or maybe never thought of).

RWP
27 Beverly

RW

> Randy -
>
> Rather than reject the cross-post, why not just accept it and invite the
> cross-poster to join the INC list as well?  Or advise them that by
> cross-posting, they are automatically subscribed to the INC list until
> they
> unsubscribe?
>
> Just a thought -
>
> Deb Christie
> Colony Hill neighborhood

This e-mail, and any attachments to it, contains PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) or
entity named on the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination or copying of this e-mail in error is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic  transmission in error, please notify
me by telephone (919-489-0576) or by electronic  mail to the sender of
this email, RW  Pickle (pickle at patriot.net) immediately.