INC NEWS - Solid Waste

Richard Mullinax rcmj at nc.rr.com
Fri May 19 11:40:02 EDT 2006

I would like to thank the Solid Waste staff for collecting the garbage
in Old North Durham the Saturday after it was left at the curb on Friday
the 5th of May, our regularly scheduled pick up. They not only got it up
the next day, but also did it before our Old North Durham Home Tour
started at 10:00. Actually they had it cleaned up by 9:00am, so we could
block off the streets to vehicles.

Thanks to Tom Ayers and Jay Reinstein who I spoke with about this on the
Friday afternoon when it was obvious Mangum and Trinity streets had been
skipped. They understood the planning that had gone into our event and
coordinated the pick up first thing.

Richard Mullinax
Old North Durham