INC NEWS - Fwd: City/County Codes

Mike Woodard mike at mikewoodard.com
Wed Aug 23 11:55:12 EDT 2006

INC Neighbors:

If you didn't join us for last night's Delegates Meeting, as we say
down home, "you missed a good 'un."

We had excellent presentations from:
    * Cindy Bailey, director of Durham County Animal Control;
    * Beth Timson, assistant director of Durham Parks & Rec;
    * Vicki Westbrook, outreach coordinator for Durham Water Management;
    * Donald Long, the new director of Durham Solid Waste Management; and
    * the Rev. Melvin Whitley, past INC president and director of the
"Pipe Dreams."
We discussed two timely issues that we are actively working on now:
Chaining of animals
Eliminating drug paraphernalia
Both of these efforts will increase our quality of life in Durham.

In addition, we are planning our annual Neighborhood Heroes Ceremony
for this fall.

Don't miss next month's meeting:
Tuesday, September 26
7 PM
Civic Room, Herald-Sun Building, 2828 Pickett Road @ 15-501

And don't forget to stop by our booth at CenterFest, September 16-17.
If you have an hour or two that weekend and can help us staff the
booth, please email me.

Also, the Parks & Rec department is looking for a few good people to
assist in the implementation of the new signs for our parks and
recreation facilities. These people will serve on an ad hoc committee
that will meet with Parks & Rec staff over a period of months. If
you'd like to serve, email me.

Attached is a document Cindy Bailey asked me to forward. It contains
the relevant sections of the City and County codes that outline the
noise ordinances for animals. Under a recent change in policies,
noise complaints about animals in the City are handled by the Police
Department, while complaints in the County are handled by the
Sheriff's Department.

I look forward to seeing you at an INC event soon.

Mike Woodard
INC President