INC NEWS - Request for Library committee

David Harris harrisdl2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 15:01:01 EDT 2007

Hi
The Durham County Library Administartion are beginning to invite people throughout the community to various events related to library planning for the future. Please consider joining the team to visit other systems to improve our system going forward.

The first trip is March 22, a bus trip to visit Charlotte-Mecklenburg public libraries.  We’d love to have you on board the bus!  Please contact Skip Auld, contact information is below or Sandra Sebbas at 919-560-0218 or ssebbas at durhamcountync.gov if they can join us on the March 22 trip.

The overall process throughout the spring is really going to be a valuable, fun, and purposeful project, where you and others will have an opportunity to get to know people from throughout the community.

The basic purpose of this strategic planning project is for citizens to submit and develop data that the Library Board of Trustees will take under advisement as they prepare to adopt a strategic plan in June or July.

Skip Auld

Hampton M. "Skip" Auld
Director
Durham County Library
300 N. Roxboro St.
Durham, NC 27702
(919) 560-0160
sauld at durhamcountync.gov

“The Mission of the Durham County Library is to provide the entire community with books, services, and other resources which inform, inspire learning, cultivate understanding, and excite the imagination.”

P.S.  Our purpose is to learn about the good ideas and innovations of other libraries, to talk and share our experiences and ideas, and to develop collective vision and goals for Durham County Library services to meet the educational, cultural, informational, and recreational needs of all Durham residents.   The full slate of events includes the following.
March 22, Thursday: Charlotte/Mecklenburg bus trip (Meet at 8:00AM at Main Library parking lot. Return by 8:30PM.)
April 12, Thursday: Henrico , VA bus trip (Meet at 8:00AM at Main Library parking lot. Return by 8:30PM.)
April 24, Tuesday: Greensboro bus trip (Meet at 8:00AM at Main Library parking lot. Return by 5:30PM.)
May 10, Thursday, Panel Presentation from other libraries' directors & other key staff at Staff Development Day (9:00AM to Noon)
May 18 – 19 – Future Search Conference (creation of strategic plan)  (9:00AM to 4:00PM Friday; 8:30AM to 2:00PM Saturday).

David Harris

919-906-2023