INC NEWS - Need for Webpages to educate Durham residents wrtrezoning/development process

Mike - Hotmail mwshiflett at hotmail.com
Wed May 9 11:44:17 EDT 2007

This is probably a good issue to bring up at the next INC meeting with both
David Harris (President) and Ken Gasch (President Elect) as this probably
would take several months to tackle.

Criagie Sanders has been instrumental in representing INC at many of the
Planning meetings along with others, but I believe he has a unique
perspective (because he's sat on both sides of this issue) over the past
several years.

I'm not sure if he could do it alone but maybe if more people who are
interested (but not necessarily all INC folks) can help,  maybe he'd be
willing to coordinate it?

It might be a good idea to see if other members of organizations like the
Partners Against Crime(I to V) might like to participate?

It'd be worthwhile to ask the memberships of the Friends of Durham, Peoples
Alliance and the Committee to have opportunities to contribute making it an
inclusive and in the end have a much better 'product' as they're also very
interested in representing their constituents in matters like these.

mike shiflett