INC NEWS - Solid and Yard Waste being mixed before transporting

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Thu May 24 23:34:56 EDT 2007

The neighborhood delegate who brought up this issue might wish to chime
in....

But from my perspective the question seemed more poised from an
environmental stand point.
Glad to know we are fiscally responsible, but if yard waste and  garbage are
being mixed, it begs the question of why we are being so  careful not to mix
them at the curb.

Anyone else feel for the new neighbor who rakes their lawn and puts plastic
bags by the curb? We all secretly wonder how long the bags will sit there
before the new neighbor realizes they are not going to be picked up.
If we're mixing yard waste and garbage, those bags need not sit there for
eternity, they could be added to a garbage cart with extra room.

What a nice way to meet your neighbor who doesn't know the system, perhaps
doesn't speak English. Offer to top off your trash cart with one of their leaf
bags, so they don't become permanent features of the neighborhood, while you
explain the system to them.

In short, if yard waste and home waste are eventually mixed, why shouldn't
we mix them at the curb?

Bill Anderson

In a message dated 5/24/2007 9:03:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,