INC NEWS - NC State doing parks study

pat carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 13:48:03 EDT 2007

I'm not sure how this is connected to Parks and Recreation, but it is an
opportunity to contribute to efforts to get kids more active.

More about the sponsoring organization
http://www.naturalearning.org/

Regards, pat
-------------------------

The NC State College of Design / Natural Learning Initiative is
studying Durham parks this summer. As part of our study, which
examines kids' physical activity in 20 Durham parks, we will be
holding 5 neighborhood focus groups to solicit opinion and discussion
about Durham parks. The schedule (neighborhoods listed are for general
guidance only - if you live in the general area of these
neighborhoods, we'd love to hear your opinion as well):

7/19 – Western Durham (Old West Durham, Watts-Hillandale, Trinity
Park, Walltown, Crest St.): Durham Cooperative Extension office

7/23 – North Durham (Duke Park, Northgate, Old North Durham, Old Five
Points); Durham Cooperative Extension office

7/25 – Southeast Durham (Old Hillside/College View, Fayetteville,
Southside): WD Hill Rec Center

7/31 – Southwest Durham (Morehead Hills, West End,
Lakewood-Tuscaloosa, Lyon Park, Forest Hills, Rockwood) : Durham
Cooperative Extension office

(TBD)- East Durham (East Durham, East End, Cleveland-Holloway,
Edgemont: TBD

Meetings will last from 6:30 to 8:30p, and dinner will be provided.
Each group will be capped at 15 people. Please RSVP to 919-515-8345 if
you would like to attend.

Thank you!

Gary

--