INC NEWS - Conservation Subdivisions: Please contact the JCCPC

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 00:02:38 EDT 2007

Hi everyone.

Since the INC listserv won't let me attach photos of
the horrible clear-cutting and mass-grading going on
here in South Durham, I made a webpage where you all
can view it, along with a lot of other background
information wrt concerns over the current UDO
regulations for a conservation subdivision (and for
rural and suburban developments, at large).

"Conservation Subdivisions" is apparently on the
agenda for the JCCPC (joint city county planning
committee) for their Aug 1 meeting (10 AM, City
Council Chambers at 101 City Hall Plaza).

As such, I would greatly appreciate it if you would
email the members of the JCCPC with your concerns
about the clear-cutting and mass-grading of the few
remaining forests and 'specimen' trees that remain in
South Durham (and elsewhere).

Their contact info is at the top of my webpage:

http://www.geocities.com/DurhamMassGrading/

Thanks!
Melissa