INC NEWS - Property managers

Barry Ragin bragin at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 19 20:38:22 EDT 2007

Ken - discrimination is not the issue. The issue is that Rick Soles lied
to both you and I while a guest in my house about how he would respond
to my legitimate complaints about his tenants, not to mention his
statement that his leases were all no-pets allowed leases, and that his
tenants were violating them. The issue is that he lied to me today on
the phone when he stated that i am the only person in Durham who has
complained to him about the properties he manages.

Dumping hazardous waste is not a protected behavior. Nor is violating
the city of Durham's noise ordinances. You heard Mr. Soles say to me in
my house that he was trying to be sensitive to my concerns, and would
act on violations committed by his tenants.

Sad to say, when i called today to inform him of several concerns i have
about this particular property, his reaction was not one of concern, but
rather an attempt to turn the issue around and make it my problem.

I have already received half a dozen responses from various folks
telling me about problems they have or have had with Rick Soles'
properties. I'll be collecting them, and perhaps i can make a
presentation sometime about these concerns to the DRAR property managers
committee. That seems like it might be an appropriate forum to discuss this.

Thanks,
Barry Ragin