INC NEWS - you can go look

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 11:04:31 EST 2007

Wow. I did a search for a number of comparable
properties in my neighborhood (including my own), and
the range in price is $50,000! Crazy.

The county website says:

"APPEAL FORMS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE TAX OFFICE OF
COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING (OLD COURTHOUSE), 1ST
FLOOR; BY WRITING - BOARD OF EQUALIZATION AND REVIEW,
PO BOX 3397, DURHAM, NC 27702; BY CALLING - (919)
560-0300; BY FAX - (919) 560-0385.

COMPLETED FORMS MAY BE RETURNED BY HAND DELIVERY, BY
MAIL, OR BY FAX."

Cheers,
melissa

Melissa Rooney
mmr121570 at yahoo.com

--- Ellen Dagenhart <dagnhrt at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Looks like the new tax values are posted. You can
> search by address or name.
> http://www.ustaxdata.com/nc/durham/durhamsearch.cfm
>
> I ran a couple dozen of the houses I've sold in the
> past 18 months
> and the new values are all over the map, some as low
> as less than
> half actual market value and a very few a third
> again as much over.
> In town or old or new, more misses than hits. Guess
> they don't look
> at actual sale data.
>
> I'd bet that those with low numbers will be silent
> and smug, but
> those of you with high numbers have the right to
> appeal.
>

> Ellen M. Dagenhart, ABR, e-Pro, GRI
> MailTo:dagnhrt at mindspring.com
> Marie Austin Realty, Durham, NC
> http://www.marieaustin.com
> Office  919-286-5611  FAX  919-286-2252  Cell
> 919-475-1719

<file://C:\Program%20Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\Mail\attach\durham_great_240.jpg>

http://www.durham-nc.com/www.wheregreatthingshappen.com