[Durham INC] Copper

Moises Rivera moe.rivera at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:08:38 EDT 2009

 I am so glad we do have a forum to speak our personal opinions and
convictions, but I thought this was about whole neighborhoods. This is a
perfect example of the two Durhams that everyone speaks of. Copper raping is
a serious crime that can devastate a home in any neighborhood. Thanks Ken
for bringing this issue forward.

We get it Randy, your against more regulation and double taxing. Obviously,
the laws in the books are not protecting enough people. So, change is
needed. Regardless, if you think this issue is a nieghborhood issue or
not. I still want to hear the opinions of your neighbors. Do not censor the
little guy (that is ironic since it's Ken) because we have different crime
issues and priorities then yourself. What is going to happen when the
thieves steal all the copper in the "inner city" neighborhoods?  where do
you think they will go next? Not everyone can put a $500 dollar cage on top
of their HVAC system or pay the insurance premiums to cover the cost. Why
don't you offer up an alternative instead of being negative. Saying "Sorry
Ken there are bigger fish to fry!" is very counter productive and offensive,
and I think you owe him an apology.

Also, to say that people are vandalising thier own system in some type of
insurance scam is absurd. Are you saying that everyone who lives in this
area is a scam artist or criminal trying to make a buck. There's
real victims here and it's our duty to protect them.

-Moe Rivera
 E Trinity Ave
 OND