[Durham INC] INC-list Digest, Vol 51, Issue 13

Natalie Spring natalie.spring at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 15:08:44 EDT 2009

I don't want to get into a shouting match with Randy, however, I would like
to know if a moderator or etiquette policy exists for the INC list. I have
lived in Cleveland Holloway for almost seven years and take offense at
Randy's characterization of myself and neighbors as motivated by cheap
housing that can be flipped. Any personal problems he has with our
representative to INC should be dealt with instead of using them as a way to
make gross generalizations about an area he clearly know very little about.

Anyone who would like to learn more about C+H can view our blog or attend or
schedule a tour with neighbors new and old.
Clevelandholloway.blogspot.com

Our neighborhood has to deal with copper thefts. As a NEIGHBORHOOD we
discussed how we can combat this. One of the ways is the resolution Ken sent
to INC  as our neighborhood representative. If INC doesn't like it they can
vote to not support it.

Natalie Spring
Cleveland Holloway Neighborhood
the help of the neighbors in a hood, crime will continue. INC can do
nothing about that. Just because a neighborhood pays the $25 to be a
member shouldn't mean that it can drag INC down paths it has no business
going. We once said that INC built better neighborhoods. You have to have
the neighbors in the hood who want it better first. Just because Ken
bought a cheap house in a bad neighborhood and wants to make it a better
neighborhood, doesn't mean INC is the vehicle for doing that. And it seems
unfair to every member hood of INC to place it at that level. If this were
an altruistic thought process, it would be different. But the newest
neighbors of Cleavland-Holloway are motivated by cheap priced houses that
one day (and it's already happening) can be flipped for a profit.

--
"This was a lucky recollection-- it saved her from something like regret"