[Durham INC] input needed on urban open space

Riojosie at aol.com Riojosie at aol.com
Tue Apr 7 23:15:24 EDT 2009

WANTED - NEEDED:   NEIGHBORHOOD   PERSPECTIVE /   INPUT

The Open Space subcommittee of DOST (Durham’s Open Space and Trails
Commission) has been working for years to get Durham to formulate, adopt, and implement
an Urban Open Space Plan.   We are pleased that the Planning Department now
has working on such a plan in the top 20 list of “things to do” on their
official work plan.   We hope that within a year or so Durham may have such a plan.
  There will be official open meetings once the plan is far enough along for
people to comment on.   But the Open Space subcommittee of DOST will be
working on various areas such as defining what IS urban open space and identifying
important areas we believe should be included in an Urban Open Space Plan
(UOSP).

WE WANT YOUR INPUT.  How would YOU define Urban Open Space?

Can you identify land within the Urban Growth Area that you believe should be
preserved?

Please email any thoughts or suggestions you have.   And please join us for
our regular meetings on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 5:30 - 6:30pm in
conference room B on the ground floor of City Hall, directly across the hall
from the Planning Department.   We will welcome your presence once or many
times.   We generally keep our meetings to one hour in length.

Sincerely,

Josie McNeil Owen
chair of DOST Subcommittee on Open Space
durhamost.org

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221421323x1201417385/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62)