[Durham INC] Jordan lake Survey Fund up to $5000.00 -- you can still help...

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 12:36:44 EDT 2009

Hi everyone. We are up to
$5,000 on the Citizen Jordan Lake Survey Fund. All in under 3 weeks! This is a
great show of citizen support for a second opinion on the method and
interpretation of the developer provided survey (that stands to retract the
Jordan Lake Critical Watershed to make way for a dense, mixed-use development.
But I know that a lot of you have still not ponied up.

We can now afford to do the bare minimum survey -- the easternmost point. But
it would benefit us to survey more of this area -- and by multiple methods, as
the BOCC, itself, must decide how to 'correctly delineate' the normal pool.

Please, please, please consider donating just $5. Really! JUST $5! to the
Jordan lake Survey Fund.

MAY 22 IS THE DEADLINE.

Every little bit helps, and $5 is nothing to be embarrassed about.

So skip your weekly coffee and/or pack your lunch for one day and donate just
$5 to help ensure the protection of the Jordan Lake Critical Watershed. Let's
prove to ourselves that true grass-roots efforts can work on a local level!

Send your check (made out to 'Haw River Assembly,' put 'Jordan Lake Survey' in
the memo) to:

The Haw River Assembly

PO Box 187

Bynum, NC 27228

If you have (or want to set up) a Paypal Account, you can also make a credit
card or bank transfer donation to my Paypal account:

www.paypal.com

(click on the 'send money' link)

Make payment to mmr121570 at yahoo.com

[At the end of the week, I will write a check for all such
donations and send the total to the Haw River Assembly. NOTE: these
payments via paypal are not tax
deductible, but who needs a tax deduction for a $5 donation?]

Another way you can help now and into the future is to join the Haw River
Assembly, which is charged with monitoring, education and protection of the Haw
River and Jordan Lake. This organization has been a great ally through this
whole survey saga (not to mention the Jordan Lake Rules). To become a member,
visit the following link:

http://www.hawriver.org/

and/or

http://www.hawriver.org/index.php?topgroupid=&subgroupid=5&groupid=5&PHPSESSID=8659e7d29fa17d96959f3151d683c4f9

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR $5 DONATION!!!

Melissa

Melissa Rooney, Ph.D.

301 Spring Garden Drive

Durham, NC 27713