[Durham INC] Festivals; events: Stop Photo ID: Respect Our Vote Rally & actions & more

Laura Drey lkdrey2 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 18:53:50 EDT 2011

Events (for more see festivals and April and May attachments)

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 ● 11:00 AM

Stop Photo ID: Respect Our Vote Rally

Give a day for our democracy and gather with us in front of the NC General
Assembly at 11:00 AM for a
rally, lobbying state legislators and telling the media our side of the
story. PLEASE wear RED. Why? Because we’re FIRED UP
over this blatant attempt to suppress voter turnout! The voter suppression
bill has passed from committee and may be voted on as early as Weds., April
13.

This is a non-partisan event sponsored by the Stop Photo ID: Respect Our
Vote Coalition.

Call Governor Perdue and urge her to veto this bill when it comes to her
desk. 800-662-7952.

Write Letters to the Editor about this onerous bill. This bill, while it
sets up barriers to voting in person, opens the door for absentee voter
abuse.

JOIN US FOR A CRUCIAL DAY OF ACTION!  For more information or to RSVP,
contact Adam Sotak of Democracy North Carolina @ 919-286-6000 Ext. 11, email
him at adamsotak at democracy-nc.org or go to www.democracy-nc.org.

NC General Assembly Building
16 W. Jones St. ● Raleigh, NC