[Durham INC] Empty Bowls 2012

Richard Ford rbford at aim.com
Sun Feb 26 07:25:51 EST 2012

This was a great event in 2011 and now they have added an after-event food truck rodeo!!  It's held at the Durham Armory with great food, fabulous bowls thrown especially for the event and entertainment.  Hope to see you there.

Dick

Get your tickets now on etix.com, click here.

On Thursday, March 8, from 5:30pm to 8:00pm, Urban Ministries of Durham will hold its 6th Annual Empty Bowls benefit. We are grateful to our Presenting Sponsor, RTI International, our Gold Sponsors, WTVD ABC-11, Robling Medical Inc., and Parker and Otis, and our Silver Sponsors, Diversified Information Technologies, Maxwell Freeman and Bowman, PA, Senn Dunn Insurance, and ncaCPA.

We are also thankful for our many in-kind sponsors, volunteers and donors who make Empty Bowls a success each year! Join the fun and supportive community that is Urban Ministries of Durham!

Handcrafted bowls are being donated for use and purchase at this event by Claymakers, ClayWorks Guild, Carrboro Clay at the ArtsCenter, Durham Arts Council, and Havenhill Studios.

Participating restaurants providing the delicious soups for this evening will be:

Guglhupf Café and Restaurant
Revolution
L'Uva
Papa Mojo's Roadhouse
Thrills from the Grill
Watts Grocery
Blu Seafood
Whole Foods
Toast
Saladelia Cafe
Mad Hatter Cafe and Bakeshop
NEW this year!!!  After Party at Fullsteam with a food truck rodeo supported by Motorco featuring the following food trucks:

Pie Pushers
Will & Pop's
The Parlour
Chirba Chirba
Klausie's Pizza
Only Burger
Farmhand Foods' Sausage Wagon
KoKyu BBQ
These food trucks will be ready to serve starting at 7:30pm, and each will offer a special dish for the evening, suitable for a bowl.  FullSteam and these food trucks will donate 10% of their proceeds from this event to Urban Ministries of Durham.