[Durham INC] New "City Hall This Week" Begins Tonight

Blalock, Amy Amy.Blalock at durhamnc.gov
Fri Jul 20 12:20:22 EDT 2012

For Immediate Release: July 20, 2012

New "City Hall This Week" Begins Tonight

New Episode Begins Airing Today, Friday, July 20 on DTV8

Durham, N.C. - The following topics of interest will be featured in this
week's "City Hall This Week."  The show begins airing on Friday, July 20
and will also be available to watch on-demand at
http://www.YouTube.com/CityofDurhamNC
<http://www.youtube.com/CityofDurhamNC> .

City Holds Groundbreaking Ceremony for Southside Revitalization Project

*    Construction on the Southside Revitalization Project is officially
under way. A groundbreaking ceremony was held for the project on July
17. The site includes approximately 125 acres, which will feature new,
high-quality rental and homeownership units, as well as existing homes
that have been rehabilitated. Mayor William V. "Bill" Bell and other
community leaders speak out on the importance of this event and of this
project.

Bus on Shoulder System Launches Operations in Durham

*    The state's first Bus on Shoulder System is now in operation in
Durham. The system allows specified buses to use the shoulders of I-40
when traffic speed falls below 35 miles per hour. The sections of I-40
in Durham County that will be used for the program are on Westbound I-40
between the Durham Freeway and the U.S. 15-501 Interchange and on
Eastbound I-40 between 15-501 and Page Road.

Hillandale Golf Course Preparing to Re-open

*    Durham's oldest golf course will soon be back in business. The
grand re-opening of Hillandale Golf Course will be held on Thursday,
August 2 at 10 a.m. Following opening remarks by Mayor William V "Bill"
Bell and other City officials, there will be a family fun day from 11
a.m. - 1 p.m. The 100-year-old public course has undergone an extensive
greens renovation and is now ready to serve the Durham community once
again.

About "City Hall This Week"

"City Hall This Week," a news program dedicated to informing Durham
residents and City employees about what's going on inside Durham's City
Hall, airs daily at 10 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 8 p.m. on DTV8 (Time Warner
Cable channel 8). The show is also available for on demand viewing at
http://www.DurhamNC.gov/DTV8 <http://www.durhamnc.gov/DTV8>   or on the
City's YouTube channel at http://www.YouTube.com/CityofDurhamNC
<http://www.youtube.com/CityofDurhamNC> . For more information, call the
City's Office of Public Affairs at (919) 560-4123, "like" the City's new
Facebook page at http://www.Facebook/CityofDurhamNC
<http://www.facebook/CityofDurhamNC> , or follow the City's new Twitter
feed at http://www.Twitter.com/CityofDurhamNC
<http://www.twitter.com/CityofDurhamNC> .