[Durham INC] S. Durham Residential Cell Tower meeting: Oct 11, 2012 (7 PM, South Regional Library)

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 15:43:01 EDT 2012

Just want to clarify that I sent the email regarding neighbor's concerns as a FYI email. I know I would not be happy if the woods behind my house were replaced by a cell phone tower, but this is not my fight.

I do realize they have to go up somewhere...I just think that, perhaps, the immediate neighbore should be compensated in some way, because it is unlikely that it will not affect their home values.

Because the landowner is a church, I would expect them to be very sensitive to their neighbor concerns...at least if they are a sincerely Christian church. I think the beef people have with many (but certainly not all) churches lately is that they appear to be in the business of making money rather than saving souls or helping people; most of the churches that fit this bill want to have it both ways with regard to making money versus their entitlements that are supposed to result from the 'separation of church and state'.

I do think we should hold a church and its leaders to high moral standards because of the supposed good nature of their intentions.

Melissa