[Durham INC] fertilizer brochure

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 08:49:28 EST 2013

Please see the attached pdf files regarding Durham's fertilizer brochure (for direction on sustainable fertilizing) and consider signing the pledge to sustainably fertilize your lawns/yards/etc. Runoff of residential fertilizer (and other chemicals used) is one of the biggest sources of Nitrogen and Phosphorous in our watersheds.

Every single person can help by ensuring that (s)he or the people (s)he hires isn't over-fertilizing and/or isn't using chemicals that are expressly unhealthy to our waterways (and ourselves).
While no one complains about the rising price of water, even though it costs twice as much as gasoline, it’s no coincidence that many big oil companies are investing in water, known on the stock market as “blue gold.” According to Fortune magazine: "Water is one of the great business opportunities. Water promises to be to the 21st century what oil was to the 20th century: the precious commodity that determines the wealth of nations." http://www.thedurhamnews.com/2013/01/01/214215/interview-with-a-middle-aged-environmentalist.html

Thanks!Melissa (Rooney)