[Durham INC] Revised - requires neighborhood vote by late Feb : trails resolution

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 24 22:55:08 EST 2013

Here's the  amended resolution to forward to your neighborhoods.  Come
prepared to vote  at the Feb 26 InterNeighborhood Council (INC) meeting.
Whereas,  our current trail system is a treasured asset to the citizens of
Durham, which  provides a source of healthy enjoyment and recreation, as
well as an alternative  to fossil fuels means of transportation, and
Whereas,  abandoned railroad lines currently are acting as avenues for
criminals to reach  our houses, and
Whereas,  an actively used walking trail is a far better thing to have
running between our  neighborhoods than an abandoned railroad line,
Therefore,  the InterNeighborhood Council of Durham urges the wise
organizations and elected  officials who are working toward this outstanding effort
to add more walking  trails in the City of Durham. This includes efforts to
purchase the Duke  Beltline or other abandoned track, and urges the railroad
officials to come walk  the potential trails.
Thanks,
Bill  Anderson