[Durham INC] Fwd: question/ideas

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Wed Mar 6 11:42:52 EST 2013

If one of  the goals is to inspire folks to think more carefully about the
effect of giving  money directly, then questions/suggestions like this
indicate it's  working!

I like the  voucher idea!

The idea  of collection cups was tried years ago on 9th street, but
unfortunately the cups  kept getting stolen. There didn't seem to be a secure way
of making them  available enough to the donors, and not make them too
available to thieves at  the same time.

It would  take a lot of work, but if we could take a tip from a city in
Ohio, we'd likely  have the perfect solution.  In Durham it would mean putting
the parking  meters back up on 9th street. Each meter would list the
(three?) nonprofits that  benefit from donations.

If someone  asks you if you have any spare change, you pull it out of your
pocket and put it  in the parking meter.

I bet we  tossed all those parking meters in the landfill years ago.

Bill  Anderson

In a message dated 3/5/2013 10:22:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,