[Durham INC] parking studies?

John Martin bulldurhamnc at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 27 16:18:07 EDT 2013

Don,

A New York Times article mentions a book by Donald C. Shoup, professor of urban planning at UCLA.  It's 733 pages and it's entitled The High Cost of Free Parking.  Obviously, he's against free parking, but the book ought to reference most of the academic literature on the subject.

Here's the Times link:  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/15/business/economy/15view.html?_r=1&

John

    with all the time, and something that would be easy to study. I did
    an online search and came up with newspaper stories, but not
    studies. The stories included some research, but it would be good to
    have more detailed studies to review.