[Durham INC] TC1200012

Scott Carter carterjs at us.ibm.com
Mon Dec 2 15:23:00 EST 2013

Hi Pat,

Thanks for all of your work over the holidays to crawl through this
proposed UDO amendment and identify these concerns!

I have to admit that I don't know the UDO to this level of detail.    But
at a high level I agree that there is reason to be concerned if these
changes are being made for a single
developer or development, if the density will be higher just by changing
the rounding or truncation formula of the calculation, and if there are
special case situations (such as
the service road change) that are not intuitive.

I recognize that this issue is time sensitive, and that in order to comment
then we need to expedite the review process.   However, I am concerned
about quickly pushing
through a resolution where most of the delegates do not understand it well
enough to see the pros and cons of each side, and in this case where some
or most of the executive committee
may also be in the same boat.    I trust you and Tom completely in your
ability to digest the UDO and determine whether changes might be harmful or
not to neighborhoods, but
in order to have the INC support this resolution, I think we need to have a
more clear understanding of the proposed changes, why the planning dept is
proposing them, and
what are the negative consequences that we envision.

Are you proposing that we discuss this at our delegates meeting and have
only an exec committee vote at the meeting, since the delegates would not
have had a month to
take back to their boards?    Or if not, then what process do you think we
can use to take some type of position on this?

Thanks.

Scott

Scott Carter
__O
Project Manager, IBM xSeries OEM Sales & Operations
_'\<,_
phone: (919) 543-2436   t/l:  8-441-2436   fax: (919) 486-0380  email:
carterjs at us.ibm.com        (_)/ (_)
address:  IBM,  Dept 8R0A / Bldg 205 / Rm L109,  3039 Cornwallis Rd, RTP,